The topic for today is In-Home Assessments by insurers masquerading as “useful.” I’ve previously discussed my observation that only patients with few or no actual medical problems seem to be chosen for these assessments. What happens when someone with multiple, complex, longstanding problems is selected?
- Location of pain: All over body
- Quality of pain: Throbbing
- What causes pain: Everything
- What relieves pain: Seeing the chiropractor
- How long has pain been going on: 42 years
Um, okay then.
PAIN TREATMENT PLAN: Follow up with doctor
Always a great default response. Since you home-assessment folks are right on top of things, what else do you suggest?
Member is recommended for reassessment of pain in: 6 weeks
Right. Because at that point it will have been there for 42 years and 6 weeks.
Good for a laugh, even though there’s nothing funny about it at all.