Udon Noodles with Doctored Peanut Sauce.
Some assembly required:
- Go to medical or other graduate school to attain “doctoring” credential (optional step)
- Cook udon noodles according to package directions. (Notice that directions are all in Japanese. Go to internet and discover that they need to cook at a full rolling boil for 10 minutes.)
- Thaw shrimp according to package directions (gratefully noticing they are in English)
- Coarsely chop red onion; slice scallions on the diagonal. Cook until tender in a splash of peanut oil (not shown) over medium heat.
- Add about 3/4 cup of peanut sauce, pinch of red pepper flakes, and a handful of peanuts, stirring until heated through.
- Serve over drained udon noodles: