New game to play with your pharmacist friends: coming up with street names for prescription meds you’ll never find on the street.
RULES: nothing that already has a street name or has any street value at all. That’s the joke. Nothing addictive, no benzos, no narcs.
Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:
- Moxies: Amoxicillin (of course)
- Vixens: Plavix
- Lippi-loos: Lipitor
- Zacs: Prozac
- Pissers: lasix
- Dynamite: nitroglycerin (duh)
- Lexies: Lexapro
- Throids: assorted versions of levothyroxine (*love* this one)
- Z-pack: Who are you kidding? It is a street name.
To be edited as I think of more. Feel free to add in the comments.
Awesome additions from the comments:
- Snorts – fluticasone
- Brownies – Senna
- Bleeders – warfarin, heparin, and high end friends
- Puffles – inhalers, all types
- Chalk – calcium carbonate
- Floxies – any of the fluoroquinolones [LOVE this!]
- ‘Zide – hctz
- Runners – fleet enemas or supps of all varieties
- Slow b’s – beta blockers
Well done, Medstudentitis.